Tuesday 29 September 2009

Considering Beliefs

^^ Good evening everyone,



Today, I believe that I shall speak of beliefs for a second time, yet more specifically about Scientific beliefs and those established Scientists who shun other beliefs in such a way that there is very little difference to their shunning and those of the infamous religious leaders of old.



I have one particular Darwinist in mind when speaking here as he is often a controversial figure and is a good example of what I wish to speak. Often they state that Scientific theories have evidence, which is what religious beliefs do not have.



You can refer to one of my very first posts to see that I believe that any belief should respected. This is not to say that I must follow it blindly, yet respect the belief of the other individual as I am only perceiving and they are only perceiving also.



Therefore, considering the evidence of Science. I find this very interesting when individuals preach their sciences. I believe this is often because one "proved" theory in science uses information from another, and that from another. There may also be physical evidence, such as fossils etc. Again perception comes into play here and, ultimately, I believe that a large amount of what an individual believes is based on informed evidence by other individuals.

^^ I believe Biology is a happy example as it is based on a number of fundamental Sciences. Those are Chemistry, then Physics then Mathematics. I believe it would be difficult for one individual to consider all of the evidence (and view each experiment and conduct them themselves)from each field so that they built their own Scientific knowledge individually. Therefore, I believe many Scientists rely on the work of previous Scientist's observations and experiments.

My little intention here is not to cause doubts in Science if that is what you believe in, yet to preach open minds towards those who do not believe in particular areas of Science, and my main argument still lies in an earlier post - that is, an individual only views matters from their own perspective. And therefore, so does another and they have as equally strong reasons for believing in what they believe.

Many Scientists state that they do posess open minds, yet contradict this by stating that an individual who see "evidence" and chooses not to believe in the Scientist's conclusion is insane.

End.

^^ Thank you very much for reading everyone. I apologise if I have been horrible in this post.

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment