Monday 21 September 2009

Considering the Self Part 3: A "Non-Constant Consciousness"?

Yaye, greetings everyone,

I believe this little post is the final section of considering the self and shall not be very long.

Within the previous post, we discussed a constant consciousness. In this post, we are very much just considering the remaining possibility. That is, when the individual first gains the ability to think, all of this is not just due to physical matters (as I understand them, of course). That is, there is something independent of genes, position, environment, other individuals etc. that determines the self. One such example that we could consider is that if a God exists, and when the individual gains consciousness, God decides this consciousness (or another way to consider this is that he places a soul within the individual). That way, God could decide the soul (or self or consciousness etc.) and this could be different each time (with the other variables remaining the same - the ones we have discussed) as God is all powerful.

I believe this possibility is the final one after my "constant consciousness theory" and thus ends the Considering the Self section.

^^ I must say that I am undecided if I should continue in this post or create another. Perhaps to end this post, I shall speak a little about my previous post. There is a nice consequence that I like by assuming the "Constant Consciousness" theory. First I must say, that "constant" can be a little misleading as I believe the consciousness is changing all of the time. Let us consider God again. By constant I mean that God would place the same soul in each individual just as they gain consciousness, then this soul is shaped by external matters only.

So, the nice consequence. In the previous post, I may have explained a little too much by saying that no individual has complete free will, and this is not the consequence that I consider fruitful (I am sorry if this spelling is incorrect). The nice, happy consequence is that I believe no individual is superior to another. Only luckier. For instance, I believe humans often consider themselves a cog in the human species, and that the human species is "superior", and therefore they must be "superior".

However, find yourself (I assume you are human) alone in the middle of the Sahara desert with no food and water and your "superior reasoning ability" is not going to do you much good. On the other hand, an inhabitant may live in the same desert - perhaps a happy reptile and would be quite content living there I believe.

The above is a very small example of what I would like to portray and perhaps I shall explain more in the next magical post. This shall involve considering individuals as individuals and not as their species or race (or any other such matter), but considering what the minds must experience throughout their lives.

End.

^^ I must say, I am very sorry if I horrible within in this post, however I did enjoy typing this. Thank you very much for reading. *Blesses with pixie dust*

Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment